Apart From The Diet: Other Positive Habits
When suffering from liver problems, having a healthy lifestyle can minimize liver damage. One of them is diet, but there are other aspects that also play an important role.
Exercise is an interesting and essential practice. On the one hand, it strengthens the body and prevents the loss of strength and muscle tone. On the other hand, its a way of coping with the ups and downs that some people experience.
However, this physical activity must be adapted to the patients condition and the fatigue that hepatitis produces. Its advisable to increase the duration and intensity little by little, and always advised by the doctor or specialist.
As mentioned above, its essential to avoid alcohol intake, which damages the liver and has other negative effects on the body. Its also necessary to give up other habits that can be harmful, such as tobacco or drugs. In addition, it isnt advisable to self-medicate because some drugs can damage the liver.
Finally, its interesting to note that, while suffering from the disease, its important to increase hygiene measures. Any virus, bacteria or toxin present in food can increase the possibility of liver damage. To do this it is necessary to wash all food and surfaces as well as having a careful hand hygiene before and after handling them.
How To Make Your Liver Healthy Again
Liver Health management is very much everything we eat and everything we drink, it is extraordinary how many hepatitis patients thought they were supposed to have right side pain when they have eaten and not been told to eat what does not hurt! I remember one Nigerian family, mum and teenager doing late night pizzas and fried chicken for years with all sorts of symptoms including ALTs in the hundreds that went away.
Tiredness bloated, nausea, foggy, right quadrant pain like a companion are all often poor diet. Drink wise we need 2 litres a day of water. It is amazing just how often people forget this, it is the method of the human body for working well. Just a 2 litre jug every day from the fridge as a ritual is very helpful for the kidneys to aid carrying away toxins.
I find nearly all callers especially our glorious HBV moms are quick to fully understand we all have to admit we have a liver situation and we can get smart in the kitchen or we will suffer the consequences. If ever there is a time to get out of a rut with food just after diagnosis is a great time. The callers with just infected children are the best at this, yet we all deserve this care. Go mashed potato, not chips, go oats not fried bacon and eggs, drink water, buy the foods that help you, give the wine rack away, throw out the packs of chemist pills.
You Have Hepatitis B Will Liver
Manufacturers and health gurus around the world market liver detox diets and supplements that promise to remove toxins, reduce inflammation, strengthen the immune system and help you lose weight. But do they help people with chronic hepatitis B?
A team of Australian researchers examined these claims and concluded, At present, there is no compelling evidence to support the use of detox diets for weight management or toxin elimination.
Considering the nancial costs to consumers, unsubstantiated claims and potential health risks of detox products, they should be discouraged by health professionals and subject to independent regulatory review and monitoring, the authors wrote in their report published in the Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics.
Lets look at some of the diets and products the researchers evaluated.
According to researchers, none of these plans have been evaluated scientifically, which includes using a control group that receives a placebo instead of the treatment. The L. Ron Hubbard plan, promoted by the Church of Scientology, received some scientific evaluation after the purification protocol was applied to 14 rescue workers who were exposed to high levels of chemicals after the 9/11 collapse of the World Trade Center.
The program used niacin supplements, sweating in a sauna and physical exercise to get rid of toxins stored in body fat which is where nearly all toxins end up not in liver cells.
So why are these diets and supplements so popular?
Don’t Miss: Is There A Test For Hepatitis C
Hbeag Positive Chronic Hepatitis
Patients with HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B usually present in the third or fourth decade of life. Men outnumber women, liver damage ranges from mild to moderate or severe chronic hepatitis or active cirrhosis . Chronic hepatitis B tends to be milder in children. Nevertheless, severe liver disease including cirrhosis may occur in a small proportion of patients during childhood . A key event in the natural history of HBeAg positive chronic hepatitis is HBeAg seroconversion. Several studies have shown that seroconversion with marked reduction of HBV replication is associated with biochemical and histologic remission of inflammatory activity in the majority of patients . Regression of fibrosis occurs gradually months to years after HBeAg seroconversion. In longitudinal studies the observed probability of clearing HBeAg was about 50% and 70% within 5 and 10 years of diagnosis, respectively . Most studies have found that the mean annual rate of spontaneous HBeAg seroconversion ranges from 8 to 15% in children or adults with elevated ALT . Among Asian, most of whom have normal ALT, spontaneous HBeAg seroconversion occurs at a very low rate, less than 2% during the first 3 years of age and 4 to 5% in children older than 3 years . Several determinants for HBeAg seroconversion have been reported, including gender, age, ALT level, and more recently HBV genotypes. Older carriers and females are more likely to clear HBeAg .
You May Like: How Is Hepatitis C Caused
Hepatitis Diet: Recommended Foods To Eat
For a patient with Hepatitis food choices are not limited to a few bland dishes. There are plenty of healthy, tasty food options which are both beneficial for the liver and for the recovery process.
- Whole grains are very beneficial to consume as part of a healthy Hepatitis diet. These can be in the form of bran, whole wheat bread or cereal, brown rice, whole grain pasta or porridge. Include other whole grains such as whole oats, wild rice, rye, oatmeal and corn.
- Fruits and vegetables should be a significant part of any diet to help in recovering from a liver disease. They are full of essential nutrients and are easy to digest. As a bonus, they also contain antioxidants, which can protect the liver cells from damage. However, it is recommended that one go easy on starchy vegetables such as potatoes when on a Hepatitis recovery diet. While canned or frozen fruits are fine it is always a good idea to try and eat fresh and seasonal produce when possible.
- Olive oil, canola oil and flaxseed oil are all healthy fats that are recommended as part of a diet for patients with Hepatitis.
- Healthy proteins in the form of low-fat milk and dairy products along with lean meats, beans, eggs and soy products can also be a part of a healthy liver diet.
You May Like: What Are The Causes Of Hepatitis D
Chronic Hepatitis B Complications
Chronic hepatitis B can lead to
- cirrhosis, a condition in which scar tissue replaces healthy liver tissue and prevents your liver from working normally. Scar tissue also partly blocks the flow of blood through the liver. As cirrhosis gets worse, the liver begins to fail.
- liver failure, in which your liver is badly damaged and stops working. Liver failure is also called end-stage liver disease. People with liver failure may require a liver transplant.
- liver cancer. Your doctor may suggest blood tests and an ultrasound or another type of imaging test to check for liver cancer. Finding cancer at an early stage improves the chance of curing the cancer.
How Do Doctors Treat Hepatitis B
Doctors typically dont treat hepatitis B unless it becomes chronic. Doctors may treat chronic hepatitis B with antiviral medicines that attack the virus.
Not everyone with chronic hepatitis B needs treatment. If blood tests show that hepatitis B could be damaging a persons liver, a doctor may prescribe antiviral medicines to lower the chances of liver damage and complications.
Medicines that you take by mouth include
A medicine that doctors can give as a shot is peginterferon alfa-2a .
The length of treatment varies. Hepatitis B medicines may cause side effects. Talk with your doctor about the side effects of treatment. Tell your doctor before taking any other prescription or over-the-counter medicines.
Don’t Miss: Pcr Quantitative Test For Hepatitis C
Treatment For Chronic Hepatitis B
If blood tests show that you still have hepatitis B after 6 months, your doctor may recommend medication to reduce the risk of complications of hepatitis B and regular tests to assess the health of your liver.
Treatment is usually offered if:
- your immune system is unable to control the hepatitis B by itself
- thereâs evidence of ongoing liver damage
Hepatitis B medications can help keep the virus under control and stop it damaging your liver, although they will not necessarily cure the infection and some people need lifelong treatment.
The main medicines for chronic hepatitis B include peginterferon alfa 2-a and antiviral medicines.
What If I Have Extra Weight
Healthy eating and being active is important for everyone, regardless of body size or health. Reaching and maintaining your best weight can support liver health. For people with fatty liver disease, modest weight loss may help slow liver damage.
If you are concerned about your weight or a change in your weight, call 8-1-1 and ask to speak with a registered dietitian.
Prevent Infection After Contact With The Virus
If you think you have been in contact with the hepatitis B virus, see your doctor right away. Doctors typically recommend a dose of the hepatitis B vaccine to prevent infection. In some cases, doctors may also recommend a medicine called hepatitis B immune globulin to help prevent infection. You must get the vaccine dose and, if needed, HBIG shortly after coming into contact with the virus, preferably within 24 hours.
What Is Involved In A Liver Transplant
A liver transplant is considered necessary when the liver is damaged and cannot function or in some cases of liver cancer. Your liver is very important. It is responsible for many functions related to making sure that your body stays healthy and is able to digest foods.
You may be eligible for a transplant if you have chronic hepatitis B infection or some of the diseases that may result from it, including liver cancer and cirrhosis. You will have to complete testing and be evaluated before being approved for a transplant. It is likely that you will be placed on a waiting list while an appropriate organ is found.
Donated livers come from two types of donors: living and deceased. Because the liver can regenerate, it is possible to use part of a liver for transplant. The remaining sections in both the donor and the receiver will grow into livers of adequate size.
People who get liver transplants must take anti-rejection drugs for the rest of their lives. These drugs make you more susceptible to infection. However, liver transplants have become more successful over time and continue to improve.
Read Also: Hepatomegaly With Diffuse Hepatic Steatosis
Don’t Miss: What Is Hepatitis C Screening Test
Diet In Chronic Hepatitis In The Liver
The prolonged course of any diseases, negatively affects the functioning of the whole organism. The diet for chronic hepatitis B of the liver is aimed at alleviating the painful symptoms. Therapeutic diet is constructed so as to relieve the load from the inflamed organ and gradually restore its normal functioning.
- Therapy implies a fractional mode of eating, maintaining the water balance and eating only the allowed products. Particular attention should be given to the method of preparation, the products can be boiled, baked, stewed, steamed. It is forbidden to fry with the addition of vegetable and animal fats.
- If the disease occurs in pregnant women or people with additional digestive problems, the diet should include foods that prevent constipation: boiled beets, sour-milk products, salads with vegetable oil.
- The bulk of the daily ration should be vegetables, fruits and cereals. Vegetables can be consumed fresh, but it is better to bake or cook for a couple. It is allowed to eat bread from wholemeal or rye flour. Dairy products, lean meat and fish should be present.
- In rare cases, you can pamper yourself with uninspired, fresh pastries. From store sweets with oily oil creams it is better to refuse, as they can become the reason of an aggravation of illness.
, , , ,
Life Extension Hepatopro 900 Mg 60 Softgels
- April 1 2023 Expiration Date
The length of time for the expiration date or best used before date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
- Date First Available: November 12 2011
- Shipping Weight:Switch to Imperial unitsShipping WeightThe Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
- Product code: LEX-13936
- Helps inhibit inflammation to support liver health
Don’t Miss: Can Hepatitis C Be Treated
Diet With A Healthy Carrier Of Hepatitis B
In the human body in a sleeping state there can be many viruses and infections, which under the influence of certain factors make themselves felt. Diet with a healthy carrier of hepatitis B is indicated for patients whose blood showed a disease virus.
Let’s consider the basic indications on a feed for maintenance of a healthy condition of an organism:
Observing all the above recommendations, patients who have found a healthy carrier of hepatitis B protect themselves from the appearance of the disease.
, , , , ,
Is Hepatitis B Curable
Theres no cure for hepatitis B. The good news is it usually goes away by itself in 4 to 8 weeks. More than 9 out of 10 adults who get hepatitis B totally recover.
However, about 1 in 20 people who get hepatitis B as adults become carriers, which means they have a chronic hepatitis B infection. Carriers are more likely to pass hepatitis B to other people. Most carriers are contagious meaning they can spread hepatitis B for the rest of their lives.
Hepatitis B infections that last a long time may lead to serious liver diseases like cirrhosis and liver cancer. About 1 in 5 people with chronic hepatitis B die from it. There are medicines that can help treat chronic hepatitis B infections.
Most babies who get hepatitis B during birth develop chronic infection, unless they get treated right away. But treatments are almost always effective if your baby gets them quickly. Thats why its important for pregnant people to get tested for hepatitis B.
Read Also: Difference Between Fatty Liver And Hepatitis
What Vitamins Are Good For Hepatitis B
During the time you have hepatitis B, you need to pay attention to diet and vitamin supplements. So what vitamins are good for hepatitis B?
So far, medicine has not had a specific treatment for viral hepatitis, including hepatitis B. Therefore, in order to improve the quality of life, we need to know how to care for, preserve, abstain thoroughly for people with hepatitis B. In addition to minimizing fatty foods, including fried foods because they interfere with fat metabolism, accumulate liver fat, affect the function of liver cells. Absolutely abstain from alcohol and other alcoholic beverages because when metabolized through the liver, it will directly harm the liver, causing further damage to the liver. When sick, it is necessary to use drugs and consult a physician to ensure that the drug is not toxic to the liver. Then patients also need to add vitamins. So what vitamins are good for hepatitis B?
Do I Need A Special Diet
No. You can meet your nutrition needs by eating a balanced and varied diet. Use Eating Well with Canadas Food Guide to help plan your meals. This will help you stay well.
To read more about using Canadas Food Guide, see .
If you are not sure that your current way of eating is healthy, talk to a registered dietitian.
Read Also: Hepatitis B Surface Antibody Titer Test
What Causes Hepatitis B
- being born to a mother with hepatitis B
- having unprotected sex with an infected person
- sharing drug needles or other drug materials with an infected person
- getting an accidental stick with a needle that was used on an infected person
- being tattooed or pierced with tools that were used on an infected person and werent properly sterilized, or cleaned in a way that destroys all viruses and other microbes
- having contact with the blood or open sores of an infected person
- using an infected persons razor, toothbrush, or nail clippers
You cant get hepatitis B from
- being coughed on or sneezed on by an infected person
- drinking unclean water or untreated water that has not been boiled
- eating food that is unclean or has not been properly cooked
- hugging an infected person
- shaking hands or holding hands with an infected person
- sharing spoons, forks, and other eating utensils
- sitting next to an infected person
Mothers who have hepatitis B can safely breastfeed their babies. If a baby receives hepatitis B immune globulin and starts receiving the hepatitis B vaccine to prevent hepatitis B infection shortly after birth, hepatitis B is unlikely to spread from mother to child through breastfeeding.15